Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The night before


Tomorrow morning, we will be going to Forsyth Medical Center at 7:30 am. Unless he flips over tonight, we'll be seeing Oz via C-section.

Early on in the pregnancy, I [Kendrah] was super concerned with birth plans and avoiding medical interventions - was super into the whole "natural childbirth" idea. That all changed. At this point, I'm not concerned at all with myself - I want whatever is best for Oz.

I can't believe that we are here. It's been fast and slow all at once. It seems like only yesterday that pregnancy test came back positive, then I'm fast-forwarded to the day we were diagnosed with CDH, there is a blur of appointments, and now - here we are!

I'm scared and I'm excited. It's hard to imagine that tomorrow night, I'll be in a hospital room - not on the couch feeling him wriggle around (which I love by the way!). It's even harder to know that my newborn son will be 2 miles away from me, receiving awesome 24/7 care at the hands of nurses and Doctors, while I am trying to walk and get my bowels moving so I can "earn" a 4-6 hour pass to visit on Thursday.

We will know more about his condition in those hours after he's born. We pray with all our might he stabilizes soon.

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

We just want Oz to know that we love him - more than we thought we could love anything or anyone. And I know that will only multiply when we get to see his precious face tomorrow for a brief moment. We want him to know he's been such a good baby. Dr. Pr (the surgeon) said for him to stay in until term and grow as big as possible, even though that was unlikely, and here we are at 39 week, 5 days! He was measuring 5.5 lbs at 34 weeks! I told him to stay breech, because I thought maybe gravity will help keep organs from further penetrating his chest cavity (which is not very scientific, I know) - but he has, and the hernia has not worsened! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment